Monday, July 14, 2008

Sub Pop is no longer a teenager

I spent the second half of last week trying to, unsuccessfully, win tickets to the Sub Pop 20 festival that happened in Redmond, WA this weekend.

I failed, but I did win tickets to the Capitol Hill Block Party at the end of the month.

Saturday came and the Vaselines played their first ever show in the US while I was at work- wishing that I was there.

By 5pm on Saturday I was composing a list of reasons in my head that made it OK to not be at the festival. Reasons like, "The Fleet Foxes are playing the Block Party, so I'll just see them there," or "I saw Flight of the Conchords at Sasquatch just 2 months ago," and of course "I've already seen Iron and Wine!" These few mentions at least distracted me, albeit temporarily, from the fact that Mudhoney and the Vaselines were playing. You will have to excuse me for a moment while I cry at this realization....

No comments: